Transitional accommodation supplement for aged care

The transitional accommodation supplement is for some providers with residents receiving low-level care. Find out about eligibility and how to apply.

Applies to

This supplement is for residential aged care providers.

What is the supplement?

This supplement is payable for some permanent residents receiving low-level care.

It makes up the difference between the accommodation supplement and the higher pensioner supplement that it replaced.

Supplement rate

View the current supplement rate in the Schedule of Subsidies and Supplements.


Residents are eligible for the transitional accommodation supplement if all of the following apply:

  • They entered residential care after 20 March 2008 and before 20 September 2011.
  • They are eligible to pay an accommodation bond.
  • The level of the accommodation supplement for them would be lower than the level of the pensioner supplement it replaced.

How to apply

You do not need to apply. 

Services Australia automatically pays this supplement for eligible care recipients.


Aged care subsidies and supplements contact

Email us if you have questions about aged care subsidies or supplements for approved providers.
Date last updated:

Help us improve

If you would like a response please use the enquiries form instead.