This page outlines our social media channels — how we use them, what we expect, and how we manage and moderate them. A contact point is provided for enquiries.
Social media channels
We use these social media channels:
We welcome comments on our social media channels, webcasts and online forums.
When using our social media sites, webcasts and online forums, we ask that you:
- protect your personal privacy, and that of others, by not including personal information of either yourself or of others (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers)
- represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- not make defamatory comments
- be polite — don’t be insulting, abusive, provocative, hateful, obscene, offensive or threatening
- not post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- not post multiple versions of the same view or make excessive postings on a particular issue
- not share misinformation or misleading information
- not promote commercial interests or make overtly party-political comments
- not include internet addresses or links to websites (links to verified Australian and state and territory .gov.au websites or the World Health Organization are permitted)
- not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- not encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including:
- marital or domestic status
- not identify matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order
- not make comments irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
How we manage and moderate content
We may change this policy at any time.
Please be aware that Facebook's recent changes to the page experience mean if you are blocked from Health's Facebook page you will be unable to view our page content. If this happens, you will need to obtain COVID-19 updates from other Health sources.
Our social media channels are external sites and have their own binding terms and conditions. Make sure you are familiar with the policies of the various channels when you use them.
For posts and displays on our channels, we are not responsible for:
- the views of others
- the accuracy, currency and completeness of information
- links to other websites or social media channels
Always check that any information is current and relevant to your situation.
If you have any queries or concerns about our use of social media, please contact us.