Approved providers are accountable for their services. You must:
- comply with record-keeping requirements, in line with the Records Principles 2014
- make sure your staff and volunteers have screening clearances
- complete financial and operational reporting.
Financial and operational monitoring
The Financial and Prudential Monitoring, Compliance and Intervention Framework is helping the sector to build financial sustainability, capability and resilience.
Financial and operational reporting enables us to:
- identify and support providers that are at risk
- ensure effective governance
- monitor the quality and safety of service delivery.
These reporting requirements are submitted through:
- the Aged Care Financial Report (ACFR)
- the Quarterly Financial Report (QFR), including care minutes
- the Provider Operations Collection Form
- 24/7 registered nurse coverage.
We publish report outcomes through:
- aged care research and reporting, for sector performance updates
- My Aged Care ‘Find a provider’ tool, for individual home and service provider updates.
You are also required to report on the delivery of quality aged care services, including:
- Star Ratings
- Aged Care Quality Standards
- the National Aged Care Mandatory Quality Indicator Program.
We use several portals for the aged care sector to report. These are the:
- Government Provider Management System (GPMS) to report on:
- My Aged Care Provider Portal to manage care recipient and service information
- Forms Administration to submit ACFR and QFR
- Aged Care Provider Portal to claim for subsidies and supplements.
We will publish information about the finances and operations of residential aged care and home care providers on My Aged Care from 29 February 2024. CHSP provider information will not be published.
Read more about what this means for you.