When this privacy notice applies
This privacy notice applies when you submit an expression of interest (EOI) to take part in the COVID-19 pandemic response health workforce in the aged care and health sector.
This notice explains how the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care (Health) (manages personal information consistent with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Information we collect
We collect personal information about you, including your:
- contact details (phone number and email address)
- details about your professional qualifications
- Ahpra registration number
- COVID-19 vaccination status
- professional indemnity insurance status
- preferences for the sort of work you are able and available to do
- suitability for a police check
- Working with Children Check status.
Why we collect this information
We need this information to:
- confirm your eligibility to take part in the COVID-19 pandemic response health workforce
- identify the potential roles and activities in the COVID-19 pandemic response health workforce you may be suitable for and to facilitate your placement in those roles and activities.
If you do not provide your personal information, we may not have the information we need to:
- determine the sorts of roles you can perform
- confirm whether you are eligible to take part in the COVID-19 pandemic health response workforce.
How we collect this information
We collect your personal information from the EOI form that you complete and submit.
Who we disclose your personal information to
We may disclose your information to the following entities for the purpose set out above in ‘why we collect this information’:
- Ahpra to check your eligibility to take part in the COVID-19 pandemic response workforce.
- the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association and other recruitment agencies assisting with your placement in an appropriate role or activity as part of the COVID-19 pandemic response health workforce. These recruitment agencies may share your information with aged care and health service providers for the same purpose.
- state and territory governments and agencies, including state and territory health departments.
Your personal information may also be used or disclosed where required or authorised by or under law.
We will not disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients.
How we store your information
Health will store your information electronically in a secure database. Only authorised staff have access to your personal information. We will retain and destroy your information in accordance with any requirements under the Archives Act 1983.
How we handle sensitive information
By submitting the application form, you consent to Health collecting, using and disclosing information about your COVID-19 vaccination status and any health conditions you notify us of that may affect the sort of work you do.
We will use it as stated in ‘Why do we collect this information?’
How you can access or correct your information
Concerns and complaints
- the Australian Privacy Principles, or
- the Australian Government Agencies Privacy Code
More on privacy
For more information see:
If you wish to contact Health about the Expression of Interest process, please email: email@example.com.
If you wish to contact Health about a privacy-related matter, including questions about this notice, please contact the Health’s Privacy Officer.