When this privacy notice applies
This privacy notice applies to the ACVVS become a volunteer form.
This notice explains how we (the Australian Government Department of Health) manage personal information to meet our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Information we collect
- your first name
- your last name
- your pronouns
- whether you are over 18
- the state you live in
- your town or suburb and postcode
- your email address
- your phone number
- the languages you speak
- your preferred method of contact
- any other relevant details you may wish to provide, e.g. preferred language, organisation you work for, etc.
Why we collect this information
We need this information to refer your expression of interest as a volunteer visitor to an ACVVS community organisation (auspice). If you do not provide your personal information, we will not be able to refer your ACVVS volunteer expression of interest.
How we collect this information
We collect this personal information directly from you.
Who we disclose your personal information to
We will disclose your information to:
- the ACVVS state network member who will process your expression of interest and allocate it to the most appropriate community organisation auspice
- anyone you’ve agreed we can share with
- anyone the law requires or authorises us to share with.
We will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
How we store your information
When you complete this form, the information you provide is immediately emailed to your local network member. They will use it to register your expression of interest as a volunteer under the ACVVS. We do not store it in any way.
How we handle sensitive information
By completing this form, you agree to us collecting information about you. We will use it as stated in ‘Why we collect this information?’
Concerns and complaints
- Australian Privacy Principles
- Australian Government Agencies Privacy Code.