Privacy notice for the contact a minister form
Find out how we manage any personal or professional information we collect when you use our web form to contact a minister.
When this privacy notice applies
This privacy notice applies to the contact a minister web form.
This notice explains how we (the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care) manage personal information to meet our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Information we collect
We collect personal information about you, this includes your:
- full name
- postal Address
- organisation (optional)
- input in the free text section of the web form
- attachments to the web form.
We will also collect any other personal information that is included in your enquiry and attachments.
Why we collect this information
We need this information to reply to your enquiry. If you do not provide your personal information, we cannot respond.
We may use generalised information about your correspondence for internal reporting on trends in correspondence received by the department.
How we collect this information
We collect personal information provided by you when you complete and submit the online form.
Who we disclose your personal information to
We may disclose your information to:
- the offices of the relevant Health and Aged Care portfolio minister
- other government departments if their input is needed to respond to your enquiry
- anyone the law requires or authorises us to disclose to, such as emergency services and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of protecting your or another individual’s health and safety where relevant.
We will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
How we store your information
We protect electronic and paper records in accordance with Australian Government security policies, including the:
- Attorney-General Department’s Protective Security Policy Framework
- Department of Defence Information Security Manual
How you can access or correct your information
Concerns and complaints
- the Australian Privacy Principles
- the Australian Government Agencies Privacy Code.
More on privacy
Departmental privacy enquiries
Contact to find out more about privacy within the department, or to make a privacy enquiry or complaint.