When this collection notice applies
This privacy notice applies when you create an account as a Government Provider Management System (GPMS) user, or when an Organisational Administrator at your organisation creates an account for you.
Information we collect
We will collect the following information:
- Your name
- The organisation you work for
- Your role at the organisation
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- The scope of access you will have within GPMS
- Your date of birth
Why we collect this information
As multiple people with the same name may create accounts as GPMS users, we need your date of birth to help us uniquely identify you. This is important to help us avoid the creation of multiple GPMS user accounts for the same individual.
We collect the information listed above so that we can contact you, and understand your role within your organisation (or across multiple organisations).
How we collect this information
We collect this information in 2 ways:
- If you are setting up your own account as a GPMS user, we collect the information when you enter it while creating your account.
- If an Organisational Administrator at your organisation creates a GPMS user account for you, we will collect the information when they enter it while creating your account.
When an Organisational Administrator creates an account for you, they:
- must have your consent to provide us with your information.
Who will be able to see this information
This information will be visible to:
- staff of the Department of Health and Aged Care
- staff of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
- Organisational Administrators at your organisation.
How we store your information
We store your personal information in one or more data centres managed by Amazon Web Services. These data centres are in Australia.
How you can access or correct your information
Any Organisational Administrator at your organisation can access and correct your information. Alternatively, you can contact the My Aged Care Service Provider and Assessor Helpline on 1800 836 799.
Concerns and complaints
- the Australian Privacy Principles
- the Australian Government Agencies Privacy Code.
More on privacy