You can apply online, using our online form. It only takes a few minutes, and requires you to provide your:
- full name
- date of birth
- eligibility number (such as Centrelink reference number or Department of Veterans’ Affairs number)
- contact details.
Apply through a provider
You can apply through a service provider by:
- using our local provider directory to find a provider near you
- calling them to ask them to apply on your behalf – they might ask you to come in to go through the application with you.
Your provider will tell you straight away whether your application is successful.
Apply by post or email
Paper applications can take 3 to 4 weeks to process. Any missing information can cause further delays, so be sure to include all the required information.
Apply for participants of Disability Employment Services
Disability Employment Services can apply on behalf of their participants by:
- completing the application form with the participant’s detail and jobseeker identification number
- emailing us the completed form via a Disability Employment Service planner official email address.
Disability Employment Services participants do not need to check their eligibility – the request by their provider confirms eligibility.
Apply for member of the Australian Defence Force
Members of the Australian Defence Force can apply by:
- completing the application form with their details
- emailing us the completed form via an official email address.
Australian Defence Force members do not need to check their eligibility.
If an Australian Defence Force member does not have access to an official email address, the application form can be emailed by a Defence Medical Officer on their behalf.
Once your application is confirmed, we will send you a welcome pack, including an information booklet and list of providers in your area.
If you provided details for an alternate contact, such as a family member or carer, they will also receive a copy of the welcome pack.
You can choose to receive your welcome pack by email or post. The postal option can take up to 2 weeks.
Once you have your pack, you can book an appointment with your chosen provider to have your hearing assessed.
Reconsiderations and appeals
If you disagree with a decision we have made, you can request a reconsideration.
For more information, read:
- our complaints policy
- the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s consumer rights and guarantees.