Specialist hearing services
Under the CSO, you might be able to access extra services from Hearing Australia.
These might include:
- access to a broader range of fully subsidised hearing devices
- extra communication support
- cochlear implant speech processor upgrades and replacements, if you are under 26 years of age
- cochlear implant speech processor maintenance, including replacement batteries, repairs and replacement parts (not mapping services)
- implantable bone conduction device processor maintenance, including replacement batteries and repairs if Hearing Australia assesses that you are eligible.
If you are 26 years old, or older, with both an implantable device and a hearing aid on the opposite ear, you can receive support for your:
- implantable device from Hearing Australia
- hearing aid from any program provider, including Hearing Australia.
This is called a ‘parallel service’, and means you may need a maintenance agreement with both providers.