When this privacy notice applies
This privacy notice applies to the COVID-19 vaccines enquiry form.
This notice explains how we (the Australian Government Department of Health) manage personal information to meet our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Information we collect
We will collect your name and email address.
Why we collect this information
We need this information to respond to your enquiry about COVID-19 vaccines.
If you do not provide your email address, we cannot respond to your enquiry.
How we collect this information
Who we disclose your personal information to
We may disclose your information to other Government agencies if they are best suited to respond to your enquiry.
We will not disclose your personal information to any organisations or overseas entities.
How we store your information
We comply with Australian Government security policies such as the:
- Attorney-General Department’s Protective Security Policy Framework
- Department of Defence’s Information Security Manual
We do not keep information that we no longer need for the purpose it was collected, unless the law requires us to do so. It is either destroyed or de-identified as required under the Archives Act 1983.
Only authorised Health staff can access personal information stored by us. Security features protect it from unauthorised access.
- We store information in different ways, including:
- our document and records management systems
- cloud storage
- browser storage
The information generated by the cookie may be transmitted to and stored by Facebook and Google, who may use this information for the purpose of compiling reports on website activity for us (or advertising agencies engaged to act on our behalf). Demographic and interest reports may be generated including characteristics such as your age, gender and location. These reports do not identify you personally. We may use them to provide targeted advertising to you and to make policy decisions. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you can adjust your browser settings. However, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the website.
We apply a range of security controls to protect our websites from unauthorised access. However, you should be aware that:
- the internet is an unsecure public network
- there is a risk that your transactions (including emails) may be seen, intercepted or modified by third parties
- downloadable files may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects
How you can access or correct your information
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You can ask us to update it if it is incorrect. Please contact us to make an enquiry.
We will take reasonable steps to give you a copy of, and/or correct, your information within 30 days, unless there is lawful reason not to do so. If this happens we will, where reasonable:
- give you a written notice explaining why
- let you know how you can make a complaint
- at your request, make a note on your file detailing the information you believe to be incorrect
If you request us to, we will alert third parties who hold your information that we have updated it.
Concerns and complaints
- the Australian Privacy Principles
- the Australian Government Agencies Privacy Code