Multi-Purpose Services (MPS) provide health and aged care services in small regional and remote communities across Australia. They receive funding through a combination of:
- a flexible care subsidy from the Australian Government for aged care services
- state and territory government funding for health services, capital and infrastructure costs
MPSs can use the combined funds flexibly to make best use of limited resources and achieve economies of scale.
There is a payment agreement that covers the aged care funding component. It exists between:
- the Australian Government
- MPS providers, most of which are state or territory governments
The current agreement covers from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2022.
- Allocated places for Multi-Purpose Services (Flexible Aged Care Places)
Find out how places are allocated for the MPS Program.
- Flexible care subsidy for Multi-Purpose Services program
Learn about the flexible care subsidy for the MPS Program.