Set up access to My Aged Care
Australian Government-funded aged care assessors and service providers use the My Aged Care portals to set up and manage their services. Find out how to get set up and authenticated to use the My Aged Care portals.
Get access to the My Aged Care portals
My Aged Care is accessed via a provider portal for service providers and an assessor portal for assessors. To access the portals and get set up in My Aged Care, your organisation will need:
- a supported authentication service to securely log in
- to identify someone in your organisation to be the initial ‘Organisation Administrator’ for My Aged Care; this person will set up your organisation structure in the portal and create other user accounts, including other administrators
We set up Organisation Administrator accounts for assessment organisations when we set up their contract.
Individual assessors do not need to register as an administrator to use the My Aged Care assessor portal. They need to request access to the assessor portal through their Organisation Administrator.
We set up Organisation Administrator accounts for approved providers. You will need to nominate and register a My Aged Care Organisation Administrator to set up your organisation structure in the portal.
When you become an approved provider, we will send your organisation an email that explains what you need to do, including the Registration Form to nominate an Organisation Administrator.
Authenticate your login
To access the My Aged Care portals you need to set up one of the following methods to log in securely:
- myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM)
- VANguard Federated Authentication Services (FAS)
To find out more, read the:
- My Aged Care – Getting Started with myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager resource collection
- Authentication Methods fact sheet
- Logging in to the Assessor Portal using myGovID
- Logging in to the Provider Portal using myGovID
- Single Portal User Logging in to My Aged Care Using VANguard User Guide
AUSkey and Manage ABN Connections have been retired. If you haven't moved to myGovID and RAM yet, please read our resource collection.
Set up access for other staff
If you’re an Organisation Administrator in your organisation, you need to create staff accounts for all assessors. You can also edit staff details as needed.
To find out more, read:
- chapter 6 of the Organisation Administrator User Guide
- the How to Configure Outlets and Create New Staff Accounts video
If you’re an Organisation Administrator in your organisation, you need to set up your organisation’s information and structure, including creating staff accounts.
Read the quick reference guides:
- Create and Maintain Staff Accounts Using the My Aged Care Provider Portal
- Create Service Delivery Outlets and Service Information Using the Provider Portal
Watch the videos on how to:
Use the My Aged Care portals
Once you are set up and authenticated, you need to use the My Aged Care portals to enter and manage information.
Find information and resources to help you access use My Aged Care portals for:
Get help to access the My Aged Care portals
If you have questions, we encourage you to:
- read our resources and guides for assessors and service providers
- talk to your colleagues, team leader or manager
If you still have questions, contact the My Aged Care provider and assessor helpline.
My Aged Care service provider and assessor helpline
This helpline is for government-subsidised aged care service providers and assessors. It can help you with the provider and assessor portals and the National Aged Care Mandatory Quality Indicator Program. Call from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday or 10am to 2pm Saturday.