The role of health professionals in My Aged Care
As a health professional you can help your patients get the aged care services they need with My Aged Care. The My Aged Care website has information on:
- accessing urgent services
- how to make a referral
- what happens after a referral
- following up on referrals
- adding information to a referral
- contacting My Aged Care for information about a patient, including finding out whether they are already receiving services
Hospitals can contact service providers directly when:
- a patient who had services in place before entering hospital need those services to restart after discharge
- a patient needs access to a Multi-Purpose Service or the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program
Updates to My Aged Care
Find out what recent changes or updates have been made to My Aged Care.
You can also check our webinars page for updated information.