Before providing Home Care Package services
Before you can provide government-subsidised aged care services through the Home Care Packages Program, you must take several steps. These include applying to be an approved provider, understanding your responsibilities, setting up online services and accepting referrals.
Step 1. Become an approved provider
You must become an approved provider to get Australian Government subsidies through the Home Care Packages Program.
An approved provider:
- gets and manages subsidies on behalf of the person receiving aged care
- is responsible for delivering quality aged care
- manages care recipients’ fees and payments
Step 2. Understand your responsibilities
You must understand the responsibilities of home care providers that are set out in law. They include things like:
- meeting quality standards
- managing funds properly
- using a consumer-directed care approach
Step 3. Tell us about your service
For each home care service, use the Home Care Service Notification Form to tell us the:
Step 4. Register with My Aged Care and online claiming
You need to set up access to the My Aged Care service provider portal so you can:
- create a profile for your organisation
- add information about your service
- publish your service prices
- manage service referrals
You also need to register for online claiming with Services Australia.
For help using the My Aged Care service provider portal, see the: