Review of the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI)
This review recommends changes to ACFI to bring the tool in line with modern care practices and reduce bias in the assessment process.
Review of the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) – Part 1: Summary Report
Review of the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) – Part 2: Main Report
Review of the Aged Care Funding Instrument – Part 3: References and Appendices
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The Department of Health commissioned Applied Aged Care Solutions to review ACFI.
The aim of the review was to recommend changes to ACFI to:
- reduce bias in the needs assessment process
- provide a more accurate and reliable assessment that is not open to ‘gaming’
- be consistent with modern care practices
- support the process of assuring and validating ACFI claims
The recommended changes will:
- make assessments more objective
- standardise the requested information
- provide more evidence to support claims
- standardise the method for checking the accuracy of claims
- make claim review more efficient