We have chosen 2 hypothetical sites and development scales for the competition:
- Urban metro development site for at least 100 residents (a ‘medium’ to ‘large’ development). The site has an area of 5,000 m2 and we anticipate a multi-storey development in whole or part.
- Regional town development site for 60 residents (a ‘small’ development). The site is 12,000 m2 and may require some 2-storey development.
You can choose to enter a design proposal for either site or for both.
You can submit multiple separate entries. We will allocate a different submission ID for each submission. You can use different team members for your separate submissions.
Your brief is to design an innovative residential aged care development for the future that adopts the Principles and Guidelines and delivers on the design aspirations. Strong entries will show how good design can improve quality of life and wellbeing for older people by providing homes that give residents privacy and control, a sense of belonging, and connection to family, friends and the community.
Your submission must include:
- Minimum three (3) x A1 and maximum four (4) x A1 presentation boards
- The ATM submission form (lodged online)
- A drawing diagram describing your desired arrangement and sequence for viewing the submitted boards
- The survey response (lodged online) - this is a short survey that will take around 5-10 minutes to complete. Survey responses will not be considered by the jury.
Entrants must provide a soft (digital) and hard copy of their submission.
Your soft copy submission must include:
- A1 PDF format images at 300 dpi of each presentation board at a maximum file size 12 MB per file/image
- an image of each presentation board for use on the web (jpg 1024x768)
- the drawing diagram
- a completed Approach to Market submission form and survey response (these will not be considered by the jury).
There is no standard file-naming format for the soft copy submissions. Name electronic files in a clear and logical way. Include your submission ID in the file name, but do not include any name(s) or other words that will identify your team.
Your hard copy submission must include:
- 3 (maximum 4) A1 presentation boards with your submission ID on each board
- drawing diagram in A3 or A4 format (single sheet) describing your desired arrangement and sequence for viewing the submitted boards.
Each board must be mounted on lightweight foam core (or similar lightweight material) to resist bending. Framed boards will not be accepted.
The hard copy submission must only include material that is the same as the soft copy submission. The entrant’s name can only be included on the outer packaging of the hard copy submission for transport purposes.
There is no fee to enter the competition.
Entrants are responsible for any costs incurred from participating in the competition. This includes preparation of competition materials, travel, postage, or any tax implications arising from production or payment of prizes.