Fact sheet for patients
- Fact sheet for patients
Health professionals can print this fact sheet and give it to patients who are starting treatment under the LSDP.
Fact sheet for pharmacists
- Fact sheet for pharmacists
This fact sheet gives answers to common questions about the role of pharmacies and authorised persons in managing LSDP medicines.
Resources for treating physicians
- Fact sheet for treating physicians
This fact sheet gives answers to common questions about the role of treating physicians in prescribing LSDP medicines.
- Change of treating physician form
Use this form to help transition a patient’s care to a new physician, where there are no other changes to their treatment or LDSP eligibility.
Resources by condition
Click on a collection below to access LSDP guidelines, application forms, patient test results spreadsheets and other documents related to each condition.
- Fabry disease
Agalsidase alfa (Replagal®), agalsidase beta (Fabrazyme®) and migalastat (Galafold®)
- Gaucher disease (type 1)
Imiglucerase (Cerezyme®), velaglucerase (VPRIV®), taliglucerase (Elelyso®), eliglustat (Cerdelga®)
- Hereditary tyrosinaemia (type 1)
Nitisinone (Orfadin® and Nityr™)
- Infantile-onset lysosomal-acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D)
Sebelipase alfa (Kanuma®)
- Late-infantile onset Batten disease (CLN2)
Cerliponase alfa (Brineura®)
- Mucopolysaccharidosis type I (MPS I)
- Mucopolysaccharidosis type II (MPS II)
- Mucopolysaccharidosis type IVA (MPSIVA)
Elosulfase alfa (Vimizim®)
- Mucopolysaccharidosis type VI (MPS VI)
- Perinatal- and infantile-onset hypophosphatasia (HPP)
Asfotase alfa (Strensiq®)
- Pompe disease (infantile-onset, late-onset)
Alglucosidase alfa (Myozyme®)
Avalglucosidase alfa (Nexviazyme®)
- Procedure guidance for medicines funded through the LSDP
This guidance document outlines our process and associated timelines to consider medicines seeking funding through the LSDP. It helps sponsors to prepare an application to make an ultra-rare disease medicine available on the LSDP.
Ensuring the future sustainability of the LSDP
This agreement between the Government and Medicines Australia (MA) aimed to facilitate cooperation to ensure the future sustainability of the LSDP.