Life Saving Drugs Program – Fact sheet for treating physicians
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
This fact sheet answers the following common questions:
- Is my patient eligible to receive an LSDP medicine?
- How can a patient access subsidised treatment?
- How long does approval take?
- What do I have to provide as part of the annual reapplication process?
- Can my patient participate in a clinical trial while receiving LSDP funded medicine?
- My patient has returned from a break or clinical trial. Can I reapply on behalf of my patient to the LSDP?
- What do I do if my patient wants to change or cease treatment?
- How do I request a dose increase?
- What do I need to do if my patient wishes to travel?
- Do patients pay for LSDP medicines?
- Can patients pick up their LSDP medicine from a community pharmacy?
- Can a patient collect more than one month’s supply of LSDP medicine at a time?
- Can a patient change their nominated hospital/pharmacy?
- Can my patient change treating physician?
- If I take leave, can I refer my patient to another treating physician?
- Can my patient receive infusions through the home-infusion service?
- Which medicines are available for home infusion?