Paying a compliance debt

You must pay your compliance debt in full by the due date or contact us to make alternative arrangements. If you don’t, we will take steps to recover the debt.

You must repay any incorrect payments made to you, including accidental incorrect claims. You will receive an invoice for the amount to be repaid. 

You must pay the total invoice amount within 28 days of the invoice date. 

How to pay a compliance debt

You can pay your debt by: 

  • BPAY
  • credit card
  • eftpos
  • mail (cheque).

BPAY or credit card (submitted by phone) payments are the quickest and easiest methods.

Make sure you include the invoice, reference number and account number when making a payment. 

Telephone and internet banking - BPAY

Biller Code: 257519
Ref: use the reference number on your invoice

Contact your bank or financial institution to make this payment from your cheque, savings, debit, credit card or transaction account. 

Find out more about BPAY

Credit card 

To pay by credit card, call the Collector of Relevant Monies on (02) 6289 1095.

Payments can be made by MasterCard, Visa or Amex.


Bank: Reserve Bank of Australia
Account name: Department of Health Official Administered Receipt Account
Account number: 114 071
BSB code: 092-009

Send your remittance advice, quoting your reference and invoice number, to CRM [at]

Mail (cheques only)

Cheques made payable to:

The Department of Health
Collector of Relevant Monies
GPO Box 9848

Failure to pay

If you are unable to repay the debt in full by the due date, contact us as soon as possible. We can consider other options to help you pay your debt. 

If you don’t contact us and haven’t paid the full invoice amount by the due date, we can: 

  • apply interest charges to your debt
  • set off the debt against your future payments
  • issue information-gathering notices to third parties to ascertain your location and/or financial information
  • garnishee amounts from third parties who owe you money
  • initiate legal action.

Health Provider Compliance Officer

If you have any questions about a Medicare debt, or need to make payment arrangements, contact a Health Provider Compliance Officer.

BIDHDrecovery [at]

View contact

Last updated: 
9 June 2021

Help us improve

If you would like a response please use the enquiries form instead.