Your Aged Care Update
The Your Aged Care Update weekly e-newsletter contains news for aged care providers and the aged care sector. It includes updates on aged care reforms, information about new programs, training, and grant opportunities.
We also send email alerts as needed with important time-critical information.
We encourage the aged care sector to sign up to receive our updates, in particular:
- aged care providers (home and residential care)
- aged care assessors
- peak bodies or advocacy services
- academics or researchers
- government employees.
Workers in Aged Care
Our Workers in Aged Care newsletter contains news for the aged care workforce. It includes information on initiatives and programs including free resources, guides and training opportunities.
If you are an aged care worker in home or residential aged care we encourage you to sign up. We may sometimes send you emails inviting you to participate in engagement activities or with important updates on changes to aged care.
Our EngAged monthly e-newsletter contains updates for the public about the aged care reforms and ageing well. Occasionally we may send you emails:
- inviting you to participate in aged care engagement activities
- informing you of major news relating to aged care programs or the aged care reforms.
This newsletter is for older Australians, and anyone interested in aged care and ageing well.
How to subscribe
Check your emails for a confirmation request, you may need to check your junk or spam folder.
How to unsubscribe
Update your personal information or remove yourself from our mailing list using the ‘manage preferences or unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of every email.
To read previous editions of our aged care newsletters and alerts, you can view:
- past editions of EngAged
- past editions of Your Aged Care Update
- past Aged Care Alerts
- web archives of announcements from 2019 to 2023 and 2014 to 2018.
If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us.
When this privacy notice applies
This privacy notice applies to the aged care newsletters and alerts subscription.
This notice explains how we (the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care) manage personal or professional information consistent with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Information we collect
We collect information about you, including your:
- full name
- email address
- state or territory
- interest in aged care.
Why we collect this information
We use this information to add you to the Your Aged Care Update subscriber list and send you:
- news for aged care providers
- updates on aged care reforms
- information about new programs, training and grant opportunities for the aged care sector.
We may also use your information to:
- measure newsletter and email performance
- target information to subscribers (for instance, by location or interest).
If you do not provide your email address, we cannot send you our e-newsletters or alerts.
How we collect this information
We collect personal information directly from you when you complete the online sign-up form.
Who we disclose your personal information to
We will disclose your personal information to Swift Digital, who are the email distributor.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- anyone you’ve agreed we can share your personal information with
- anyone the law requires or authorises us to share your personal information with.
How we store your information
We use Swift Digital to distribute e-newsletter and alerts.
Swift Digital receives information that cookies generate about your use of the website (including your IP address). Swift Digital servers are geo-locked to Australia. Your data remains within Australia and is thereby bound by Australian privacy law.
Please be aware that by subscribing to our Your Aged Care Updates mailing list:
- You agree to accept Swift Digital’s terms and conditions.
Concerns and complaints
- Australian Privacy Principles
- Australian Government Agencies Privacy Code.
More on privacy
To find out more see our privacy page.
If you need to contact Swift Digital, use their contact page.
Contact us with any questions about the newsletter.