Find hearing support services

There are a range of programs and initiatives that provide access to hearing services.

Hearing Services Program

The Australian Government Hearing Services Program provides subsidised high-quality hearing services and devices to eligible Australians. 

National Disability Insurance Scheme

If you are an NDIS participant and are not eligible for Hearing Services Program services and support, your NDIS plan might provide for hearing support, if your planner assesses it as being reasonable and necessary.


If you are a veteran and aren’t eligible for the Hearing Services Program, you might have access to DVA hearing support

Home care

If you have a Home Care Package and are not eligible for the Hearing Services Program, you may be able to receive support through your package. 

Hearing aid banks

Most states and territories have hearing aid banks that provide reconditioned hearing devices. Hearing aid banks have their own eligibility criteria, but usually they provide hearing aids to people who: 

  • don’t qualify for the program
  • can’t afford a hearing aid.

Hearing aid banks include: 

Private health insurance

If you have private health insurance, your policy might offer rebates for hearing services and devices provided by a private audiologist or audiometrists. 


If you’ve worked in a noisy environment which caused your hearing loss, you may be able to claim compensation in your state or territory.

Telephone support

If your hearing loss affects your ability to use a standard telephone handset you may:

Other support services

For more information or support, see:

State and territory hearing services for children

Government-funded hearing services for your child available in your state or territory:

More information

Get help with your hearing

Read more about having a hearing assessment


Hearing Services Program contact

Contact us for information about the Hearing Services Program.
Program contact
National Relay Service
Date last updated:

Help us improve

If you would like a response please use the enquiries form instead.