- The Hon Greg Hunt, Minister for Health and Aged Care
- Senator the Hon Richard Colbeck, Minister for Senior Australians and Aged Care Services
- Michael Lye, Deputy Secretary, Ageing and Aged Care Group
- Daniel Keys, First Assistant Secretary, Information Technology Division
- Helen Grinbergs, First Assistant Secretary, Service Delivery Division
- Ross Hawkins, First Assistant Secretary, Reform Implementation Division
Aged care providers and software vendors and ICT companies involved in aged care information systems are encouraged to participate in the webinar.
Information and communication technologies (ICT) enable the delivery of better connected care and operational efficiency for providers. There is a need to bring together government and sector ICT systems to put senior Australians at the centre of care. A staged approach and roadmap for how to get there will be critical.
Together, solutions can be designed that are fit for purpose so that providers can efficiently keep up with their reporting obligations and spend their time looking after the senior Australians in their care. Providers will have a responsibility to put contemporary ICT systems in place to be able to transact with government. However, as changes are made, the Australian Government is committed to working with providers to support changes to ICT systems.
With this mind we are engaging early with aged care providers and software vendors as aged care reforms are delivered. This will help to ensure the sector can prepare their IT systems in readiness for the policy changes ahead. It will also support our goals for improving quality of care and moving to real-time reporting of data.
How to watch the webinar
Register for the webinar to receive more information. There is no limit to the number of participants, so everyone who is interested can participate.
Once you have registered, you will receive a webinar link.
To participate in a live webinar, follow these steps:
- Click on the Webinar link. This will take you to the webinar page.
- To start a live webinar, click on the ‘launch’ button (no log in is required). For upcoming webinars, this button will only appear 15 minutes prior to the event start time, and once launched will only display a holding image in the video player.
- After you click on the ‘launch’ button, you will see a video player - this is where you will watch the webinar. For upcoming webinars there will also be a chat window which you can use to submit your questions.
- You can test whether you can watch the live webinar from your device before the event. If the video pauses, please refresh your web browser by pressing F5 on your keyboard.
To watch a webinar that has finished airing, follow these steps:
- click on the Webinar link. This will take you to the webinar page
- click on the play icon on the webinar screen.
- 15 minutes prior to the event start time, you will only see a holding image in the video player
- Before the event, please test whether you can watch the live webinar from your computer, laptop or tablet
- If the video pauses, refresh your web browser by pressing F5 on your keyboard.
To keep up to date about upcoming webinars, subscribe to our aged care sector announcements and newsletters.