- Ross Hawkins – First Assistant Secretary, Reform Implementation Division
- Nick Hartland – First Assistant Secretary, Home and Residential Division
- Amy Laffan – First Assistant Secretary, Quality and Assurance Division
- Jessica Evans – Assistant Secretary, Structural Adjustment Operations Branch.
This webinar was the first in a series that relates specifically to funding changes associated with the Australian Government’s aged care reform. Later webinars series will include information on new initiatives, changes to reporting and governance arrangements, and support for the residential aged care sector to transition.
The first funding webinar included the following topics:
- AN-ACC overview
- The Australian National Aged Care Classification (AN-ACC) funding model will replace the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) on 1 October 2022.
- Helping the sector transition
- Services and support will be available for aged care providers, including the Business Improvement Fund and Structural Adjustment Fund.
- Basic daily fee overview
- Providers who have formally agreed, must report quarterly on food and nutrition expenditure, and quality of daily living services, to receive the basic daily fee supplement.
- Reporting requirement changes
- Implementation of the Financial and Prudential Monitoring, Compliance and Intervention Framework means new mandatory reporting and increased information collection is required in the 2020-21 Aged Care Financial Report.
The webinar will also outline consultation and engagement opportunities for aged care providers.
During the webinar you will have the opportunity to share comments and ask questions.
To keep up to date about upcoming webinars, subscribe to our aged care sector announcements and newsletters.