Clinical Trials in Australian Public Health Institutions 2018-19 (NAS 4 report)
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
This Fourth National Aggregate Statistics Report on Clinical Trials in Australia (NAS 4 Report) was produced by Victoria on behalf of all jurisdictions, through the Clinical Trials Project Reference Group (CTPRG).
For the first time this iteration includes data from all 8 jurisdictions.
The NAS 4 Report represent new clinical trials in 2018-19 in public health organisation from 8 jurisdictions. Key findings indicated that in public health organisations in Australia:
- A total of 940 clinical new clinical trials were reported in the period
- The majority of clinical trials were multi-site, Phase 3 and commercially sponsored
- The number of Phase 1 trails increased significantly since 2016-17 and there was an increase in the number of trials sponsored by the Investigator Initiated Group
- There was a slight reduction in the number of clinical trials approved within the benchmark of 60 days, however the majority completed the process within 120 days and
- The administrative process for most Site Specific Assessment applications is completed within 60 days.