When this privacy notice applies
This privacy notice applies to the ACVVS request a volunteer visitor form.
This notice explains how we (the Australian Government Department of Health) manage personal information to meet our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Information we collect
- your first name
- your last name
- the type of aged care you use
- the state you live in
- your email address
- your phone number
- any other details that might help us match a ACVVS volunteer visitor to you, e.g. preferred language, gender of volunteer visitor, etc.
Why we collect this information
If you do not provide your personal information, we will not be able to refer you to a community organisation (auspice).
How we collect this information
We collect this personal information directly from you.
Who we disclose your personal information to
We will disclose your information to:
- the applicable ACVVS state network member who will process the request and allocate the most appropriate community organisation
- anyone you've agreed we can share with
- anyone the law requires or authorises us to share with.
We will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
How we store your information
When you complete this form, the information you provide is immediately emailed to your local network member. They will use it to search for a compatible volunteer. We do not store it in any way.
How we handle sensitive information
By completing this form, you agree to us collecting information about you. We will use it as stated in ‘Why we collect this information?’
Concerns or complaints
- Australian Privacy Principles
- Australian Government Agencies Privacy Code.