To be eligible to join the AMDS program, services must:
- be a fully accredited medical deputising service
- have operated for more than 12 months as a medical deputising service
- be clinically governed by a medical director
- not be co-located with a medical practice
- operate a clinical triage protocol as defined in the program guidelines
- operate for the entire Commonwealth defined after-hours period, and only in that period
How to apply
- a copy of the service’s accreditation report and certificate
- a copy of the triaging plan for the service confirming the service satisfies the minimum capabilities set out in the program guidelines
- evidence of a formal agreement with another AMDS if phone calls will be transferred.
We will assess your application against the program requirements within 28 working days.
If successful, you must enter into a deed of agreement with us, valid for up to 3 years.