What we're doing about aged care
We administer aged care laws and develop policy that supports high quality aged care. We also consult with the community and other stakeholders on aged care issues and develop programs that target aged care needs.
Administering aged care laws
The Department of Health administers the and other related . These laws set out the rules for government-funded aged care.
- manage the website and contact centre to help older people, their families and carers access government-funded aged care services
- process applications from organisations to become approved aged care providers
- publish guidance to help aged care providers understand the laws
- respond to reports of non-compliance
- improve policy through to support high quality aged care
Committees and groups
We chair committees and groups that focus on improving aged care in Australia.
This authority provides advice to the Australian Government on funding and financing issues.
This committee provides advice to the Australian Government on developing and implementing policy.
This taskforce will develop a strategy to expand and support the aged care workforce.
This group provides advice on designing and implementing the
Consultations and engagement
We consult with the public and stakeholders about aged care policies, laws and issues. View our recent on changes to aged care.
We also engage with our stakeholders to make sure they have the they need. For example, we:
- hold on topics of interest to the aged care sector
- produce an
Our programs target different aged care needs in our community. To find out more, view our list of .