How to apply for our graduate program
Find out how to apply for our graduate program, including eligibility, application dates and the recruitment process.
2021 Graduate Applications are closed.
You’re eligible to apply for our graduate program if you:
- are an Australian citizen
- have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in the last 5 years
- are willing to relocate to Canberra
- are able to get and maintain a baseline security clearance or hold a current security clearance at the appropriate level.
Overview of the application process
The process is made up of 6 stages. At each stage, applicants will be shortlisted so make sure you complete each one to the best of your ability.
We will let you know if you were successful or not after each stage.
- Applications open 6 March.
- Online assessment.
- Video Interview.
- Assessment stage.
- Verbal offer and pre-employment checks.
- Commencement – February 2020.
You can complete the first 3 stages of the process while overseas.
If you progress to the final stage, you will need to travel to Australia.
Applying for jobs in the Department
You are welcome to apply for other jobs with us. We advertise all vacancies on our website.