Education and support for dentists and dental practitioners

Find out what support is available while you’re studying to work as a dental professional.

Dentist education and training

Find out how to get registered as a:

Find an approved program of study for dental practitioners.

Grants and scholarships for dental students

We provide funding to professional associations that offer financial support for dental students.

Our Remote Area Health Corps program also funds dental professionals to practise in remote Aboriginal communities in the Northern Territory for short-term paid placements of 3 to 12 weeks.

Working in Australia for international dentists and dental practitioners

To practise in Australia, you must register with the Dental Board of Australia. Most overseas dental practitioners must sit exams set by the Australian Dental Council. Some overseas dental practitioners are exempt from the assessment and examination process.

Read more about applying for registration to work as a dentist in Australia:

Date last updated:

Help us improve

If you would like a response please use the enquiries form instead.