Strengthening Protections for Older Australians
This report — Strengthening Protections for Older Australians: Models and Options for a Serious Incident Response Scheme for Commonwealth-funded Aged Care Service Providers — was prepared by KPMG. It details options for a serious incident response scheme (SIRS).
Strengthening Protections for Older Australians – Development of Models and Options for a Serious Incident Response Scheme
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
- states some of the problems with current arrangements
- outlines evidence that supports a new approach to serious incidents
- outlines the policy aims of a SIRS
- outlines 5 policy options
- discusses each option
- covers some issues to consider when implementing a SIRS
- outlines a high-level model for a SIRS