Proposed changes to the Medical Research Future Fund Act 2015
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
On 25 August 2021, the Assistant Treasurer, the Hon. Stuart Robert MP, introduced the Investment Funds Legislation Amendment Bill 2021 (IFLA Bill) into the Australian Parliament. The IFLA 2021 Bill proposed changes to a number of pieces of legislation including the Medical Research Future Fund Act 2015 (MRFF Act). The IFLA Bill 2021 lapsed on 11 April 2022 following the announcement that an election would be held on 21 May 2021.
This document outlines:
- what happened to the IFLA Bill 2021
- what happens next
- the proposed changes to the MRFF Act
- who would have been affected
- how the changes would not impact the level of funding committed to medical research and medical innovation in Australia
- other aspects of the IFLA Bill
- how to find more information about the IFLA Bill 2021.