National stocktake of genetics and genomics testing and activities – Key findings
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The aims of this survey were to:
- provide information on the nature, availability and volume of genetic and genomic tests done for Australian patients
- compare this information with historical data
- provide information about workforce change requirements
- help predict service provision needs.
- both the number of accredited laboratories and staff have increased
- the most common reasons for testing were to diagnose genetic conditions or cancer
- the number of samples sent interstate or overseas for testing has increased.