Evaluation of the National Ice Action Strategy (NIAS)
This document is a response to the findings of the National Ice taskforce in 2015. This report provides a comprehensive assessment of the NIAS.
Evaluation of the National Ice Action Strategy
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The objectives of the NIAS are to:
- prevent use of methamphetamine (ice) and other drugs
- help those who are using these drugs to stop
- reduce the harms that drugs cause to people and communities.
The NIAS included 30 activities organised into 5 priority areas corresponding to the strategy objectives:
- Families and communities have better access to information, support and tools.
- Prevention messages are targeted at high-risk populations and accurate information is more accessible.
- Early intervention and treatment services are better tailored to respond to and meet the needs of the populations they serve.
- Law enforcement efforts are better targeted to disrupt supply.
- Better evidence is available to drive our responses.
The NIAS involved significant investments shared by the Australian Government and state and territory governments.