Alcohol and Other Drugs – National quality framework mapping standards refresh
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The Australia Government procured the National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction to undertake an audit of the accreditation standards currently used by non-government and private alcohol and other drug treatment service providers in Australia.
The National Quality Framework for Drug and Alcohol Treatment Services sets a national quality benchmark which consumers can expect from alcohol and other drug treatment providers. The Framework requires alcohol and other drug treatment providers to be accredited with at least one accreditation standard. This report identifies new and updated accreditation standards since the Framework was released, including:
- ASES: Australian Service Excellence Standards: A road map to an organisation (3rd Edition, Version 8, 2020)
- HSQF: Human Services Quality Framework/Standards Queensland (version 7, 2020)
- EQuIP6: Evaluation and Quality Improvement Program (EQuIP6, 2018)
- WANADA: WANADA Alcohol and Other Drug Human Service Standard (version 3, 2019)
- ATCA: Standard for Therapeutic Communities and Residential Rehabilitation Services (3rd Edition, June 2019).
- DMHS: National Safety and Quality Digital Mental Health Standards (2020).