Agreement between the Government and the Medical Technology Association of Australia
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
This agreement will:
- improve access to new medical technology for private insured Australians
- help to make medical devices more affordable.
Under this agreement, the Government intends to:
- support a stable and sustainable medical device sector
- reduce the time to market for medical devices
- ensure Australians have access to safe and cost effective medical devices in the private sector
- improve the Prostheses List arrangements
- recognise superior clinical performance
- support Australian medical technology innovation.
Find out more in the Government's High Level Workplan.
The medical devices industry intends to:
- support the affordability of private health insurance
- take part in and support work with the Government and the Prostheses List Advisory Committee
- acknowledge that changes to improve Prostheses List processes will need to be reflected in changes to cost recovery.
Find out about the hibernation of this agreement as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.