In addition to meeting the reporting requirements specified in the Act, the report provides an overview of the components of the Australian aged care system (including those not governed by the Act), in order to present a comprehensive snapshot of the system as a whole during the 2018–19 financial year.
Structure of the report
- Chapter 1 provides an overview of the aged care system in Australia.
- Chapter 2 describes the systems and resources available to ensure consumers have access to information about aged care services, and describes the processes through which they gain access to those services.
- Chapters 3 to 7 describe the various types of service provision on a continuum from low to high level care, including flexible care options and respite care.
- Chapter 8 describes the provisions made to support people who are designated as having special needs.
- Chapter 9 summarises the Australian Government’s contribution to aged care workforce measures.
- Chapter 10 gives an overview of the regulatory and prudential frameworks to ensure compliance by providers with the provisions of the Act, and to ensure consumers receive quality services.
- Appendix A addresses the reporting requirements specified in s63-2 of the Act.