Exploratory Analysis of Barriers to Palliative Care
These documents report on key barriers and promising approaches for improving access to and experience of palliative care for 9 population groups within Australia.
We engaged Australian Healthcare Associates in February 2018 to analyse barriers to accessing quality palliative care for:
- people from 9 under-served populations
- people with complex needs
The project aimed to:
- identify unmet palliative care needs for each group
- consider cultural and personal factors influencing use of palliative care services
- identify best-practice approaches in palliative care settings
- consider the role of advance care planning in addressing unmet needs
- identify how government and palliative care service providers can better serve people from these groups
These documents are the final reports from this project.
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.