Exploratory Analysis of Barriers to Palliative Care
These documents report on key barriers and promising approaches for improving access to and experience of palliative care for 9 population groups within Australia.
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
We engaged Australian Healthcare Associates in February 2018 to analyse barriers to accessing quality palliative care for:
- people from 9 under-served populations
- people with complex needs
The project aimed to:
- identify unmet palliative care needs for each group
- consider cultural and personal factors influencing use of palliative care services
- identify best-practice approaches in palliative care settings
- consider the role of advance care planning in addressing unmet needs
- identify how government and palliative care service providers can better serve people from these groups
These documents are the final reports from this project.