About the initiative
We have developed a range of online resources to help Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) service providers embed wellness and reablement approaches into their organisational practices and service delivery.
Why it is important
The aged care sector is rapidly changing. Providers need to evolve their business model to help clients remain independent longer. People who keep doing everyday tasks live better and longer.
Short-term care service providers that embrace wellness and reablement:
- can support more clients
- improve outcomes for clients
- increase repeat business as clients’ needs become more complex.
Offering short-term care focused on individual client goals means you are delivering support that improves client outcomes and independence – giving them more good days doing the things they love.
Our goals are to help CHSP service providers embed wellness and reablement into their services by developing:
- practical information and tools to support workers and managers
- an online community where they can engage with each other, get support and share innovative ideas
- online training in wellness and reablement approaches to service delivery that better support clients' independence.
Meeting our goals
We are meeting these goals by:
- providing the CHSP Reablement Community of Practice
- offering online training modules
- providing a collection of resources for CHSP service providers.
Community of practice
Join our community of practice website – you’ll need to create an account to get access. Connect with other CHSP service providers, help and support each other, share ideas and stories, and seek feedback.
Our online training modules will help CHSP support workers, allied health professionals and team leaders embed wellness and reablement into everyday service delivery approaches. Training includes:
- eLearning modules
- Foundations in wellness and reablement
- Wellness and reablement in practice
- Reablement planning and strategy development
- podcast series in wellness and reablement to supplement the eLearning modules
- Facilitator’s Toolkit for CHSP providers with in-house training infrastructure.
The eLearning modules are available on the My Aged Care Learning Environment (MACLE).
A podcast series is available to supplement the online training that can also be listened to on their own. The podcasts promote the value and benefits of adopting a wellness and reablement approach, and how this can help your clients to have more good days by helping to support their independence. You can listen to the podcasts at wellness and reablement podcasts.
To learn how this fits into the CHSP, read the CHSP Manual.