About the program
The SAPP has closed to new entrants as part of the Stronger Rural Health Strategy. We will not consider new applications.
For existing participants, SAPP provides access to Medicare rebates to non-vocationally recognised doctors who must work in metropolitan areas and can continue to demonstrate exceptional circumstances.
Current participants can continue their placement until their nominated end date.
We may consider extension applications based on individual circumstances, up to the maximum time on the program for their existing placement category.
Approved training or workforce programs
- Approved Medical Deputising Services Program
- Approved Private Emergency Department Program
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine Independent Pathway
- Australian General Practice Training Program
- More Doctors for Rural Australia Program
- Remote Vocational Training Scheme
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Practice Experience Program.