What are ongoing care discussions?
Ongoing care discussions are regular conversations with your residents to:
- help you manage their care
- make sure your care and services are meeting their needs
Ongoing assessment and planning with residents is standard 2 of the Aged Care Quality Standards.
What to discuss
Your ongoing assessment and planning:
- is based on an ongoing partnership with the resident and their support people, if requested
- includes other organisations, people and services linked with the resident
- has results that are communicated and documented in the resident’s agreements
You should discuss with your resident:
- items in their resident agreement
- items in their accommodation agreement
- their extra services agreement, if required
- the safety and effectiveness of their care and services, including risks to the resident’s health and wellbeing
- their needs, goals and preferences, including advanced end of life planning, if they wish
Quality of care includes making sure the resident understands their care and services, and their rights and responsibilities.
As an approved provider, you can use the National Translating and Interpreting Service.