- Allocated places and capital grants for residential aged care
An approved provider must have been allocated places to get the residential aged care subsidy and supplements. Approved providers can also apply for capital grants for building and maintaining aged care homes.
- Residential aged care subsidy
The Australian Government pays a subsidy to approved providers for each eligible resident.
- Residential aged care supplements
Supplements help with the extra cost of meeting eligible residents’ specific care needs.
- Reductions in residential care subsidy
A resident’s subsidy reduces in certain cases. For example, providers do not receive the full subsidy if the resident pays some types of fees or gets extra services.
- Residential respite care subsidy and supplement
The Australian Government also pays a subsidy and supplement to approved providers for each eligible respite resident.