Notification of changes for residential aged care

There are times when you will need to notify someone of changes. You need to let Services Australia know when a new resident enters your care, or when you discharge them.

Notification requirements for all providers

All approved providers have compulsory notification requirements.

Read about notifications and other approved provider responsibilities.

New residents

You must fill out the Aged Care Entry Record Form within 28 days of a resident entering your care. This lets Services Australia know that the resident has entered your service.

Services Australia will then match the resident to an existing means assessment to determine which fees may be payable.

If Services Australia doesn’t have a means assessment for the resident, they will send a request to the resident and their nominee requesting they complete one.

Exiting residents

You’ll also need to let Services Australia know when a resident leaves your care.

You can do this through the online claiming system for aged care providers.

Date last updated:

Help us improve

If you would like a response please use the enquiries form instead.