About the program
The Health Peak and Advisory Bodies Program is a capped, competitive grant program that supports selected peak bodies over a three-year period.
The program aims to build capacity in the health sector to complement the work undertaken by all health peak and advisory bodies.
The program enables supported organisations to contribute to our national health system and help us develop health policies and programs by:
- supporting communication and consultation activities
- providing expert, evidence-based and impartial advice.
Why it is important
The program helps health peak and advisory bodies to:
- contribute to key health priorities
- improve communication by consulting and sharing information with their members, the wider health sector, the community and the Australian Government
- act as a source of sector knowledge and expertise
- give well-informed and impartial advice to the Government in their area of expertise to improve quality and service delivery
- educate and train health practitioners to improve the quality and safety of health services.
Consulting with stakeholders enables informed health policy decisions by ensuring their views are better represented.
The 2022–25 grant opportunity for the program emphasises support for the principles outlined in the National Preventive Health Strategy 2021–2030.
Organisations supported under the program include:
- Allergy and Anaphylaxis Australia
- Allied Health Professions Australia
- Asthma Australia
- Australasian Institute of Digital Health
- Australasian Sleep Association
- Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine
- Australian Alcohol and Other Drugs Council
- Australian Association for Adolescent Health
- Australian Association of Practice Managers
- Australian College of Nursing
- Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations
- Australian Health Promotion Association
- Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association
- Australian Men's Health Forum
- Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth
- Australian Women's Health Network
- Consumers Health Forum of Australia
- Continence Foundation of Australia
- Deafness Forum Australia
- Haemophilia Foundation Australia
- Health Justice Australia
- Heart Support Australia
- Hepatitis Australia
- LGBTIQ+ Health Australia
- Lifeline Australia
- Lung Foundation Australia
- Macular Disease Foundation Australia
- Mental Health Australia
- Metabolic Dietary Disorders Association
- Migration Council Australia
- National Association of People Living with HIV Australia
- National Rural Health Alliance
- Obesity Australia
- Palliative Care Australia
- Public Health Association of Australia
- Rural Doctors Association of Australia
- Suicide Prevention Australia
- The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- Vision2020 - The Right to Sight Australia
The grant opportunity for the period 2022–23 to 2024–25 has closed for applications.
Register with GrantConnect to be notified about future funding opportunities under this initiative.
Health Peak and Advisory Bodies Program