This committee provides us with expert advice to help guide the development of the 10-year National Preventive Health Strategy.
The strategy aims to help Australians improve their health at all stages of life.
Members are experts in the public health, research, health promotion, medical, allied health, nursing and consumer advocacy fields:
- Public Health Association of Australia
- Co-Chairs of Canberra Health Summit
- Consumers Health Forum of Australia
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Australian Health Policy Collaboration
- Australian National Advisory Council on Alcohol and Drugs
- National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
- Australian Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
- Healthy Male Australia
- Jean Hailes for Women’s Health
- Cancer Australia
- The Australian Prevention Partnership Centre
- National Rural Health Alliance
- Cancer Council Australia
- Australian National University
- Drug and alcohol expert
- Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Allied Health Professions Australia
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Independent public health expert
- Health Issues Centre
- Australian College of Nursing
- Australian Medical Association
- The Pharmacy Guild of Australia.
The committee meets every few months, as needed.
National Preventive Health Strategy Expert Steering Committee – Communiques
This collection contains communiques from the Expert Steering Committee meetings.
National Preventive Health Strategy Expert Steering Committee secretariat
Contact the secretariat for more information about the committee.