National Preventive Health Strategy Expert Steering Committee
This expert steering committee provides advice to help develop the National Preventive Health Strategy. Members are experts in the public health, research, health promotion, medical, allied health, nursing and consumer advocacy fields.
This committee provides us with expert advice to help guide the development of the 10-year National Preventive Health Strategy.
The strategy aims to help Australians improve their health at all stages of life.
Members are experts in the public health, research, health promotion, medical, allied health, nursing and consumer advocacy fields:
- Public Health Association of Australia
- Co-Chairs of Canberra Health Summit
- Consumers Health Forum of Australia
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Australian Health Policy Collaboration
- Australian National Advisory Council on Alcohol and Drugs
- National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
- Australian Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
- Healthy Male Australia
- Jean Hailes for Women’s Health
- Cancer Australia
- The Australian Prevention Partnership Centre
- National Rural Health Alliance
- Cancer Council Australia
- Australian National University
- Drug and alcohol expert
- Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Allied Health Professions Australia
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Independent public health expert
- Health Issues Centre
- Australian College of Nursing
- Australian Medical Association
- The Pharmacy Guild of Australia.
The committee meets every few months, as needed.