We have partnered with Australian College of Nursing, to develop and deliver the COVID-19 Vaccination Training Program.
This free, online program is mandatory for all COVID-19 vaccination providers, including:
state and Commonwealth vaccination clinics
Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations
If you work in a non-clinical role, you should take the modules covering handling, storage and communication.
All COVID-19 vaccination providers must have authority to vaccinate in their relevant state and territory and have undertaken immunisation training required for their profession. Completing the COVID-19 vaccination training program does not qualify participants as an authorised immunisation provider.
About the training
The program has core and additional modules. Core modules involve general training for COVID-19 vaccination. Additional modules are specific to individual vaccines.
General COVID-19 overview
Handling and storage
Communication, purpose and eligibility
Multi-dose vial (MDV) training
Documentation and reporting
Safety and surveillance monitoring and reporting for adverse events following immunisation
- 1: Pfizer (COMIRNATY) for individuals 12 years and over
- 1a: Pfizer (COMIRNATY BIVALENT BA.1) for adults 18 years and over
- 1b: Pfizer (COMIRNATY BIVALENT BA.4-5) for individuals 12 years and over
- 2: AstraZeneca (VAXZEVRIA) for adults 18 years and over
- 3: Moderna (SPIKEVAX) for individuals 12 years and over
- 3a: Moderna (SPIKEVAX) for children 6 years to 11 years
- 3b: Moderna (SPIKEVAX) for children 6 months to 5 years
- 3c: Moderna (SPIKEVAX BIVALENT BA.1) for adults 18 years and over
- 3d: Moderna (SPIKEVAX BIVALENT BA.4-5) for individuals 12 years and over
- 4: Pfizer (COMIRNATY) for children 5 years to 11 years
- 4a: Pfizer (COMIRNATY) for children 6 months to 4 years
- 5: Novavax (NUVAXOVID) for individuals 12 years and over
- Future vaccines (as soon as possible as new vaccines emerge)
The platform issues certificates when you complete the core modules and each additional module. Keep the certificates safe. Your employer may ask for evidence you have completed the mandatory training.
Accessing the training
The training is mandatory for all authorised COVID-19 vaccination providers. You need to confirm with your employer that you will be a vaccination provider before accessing the training.
There are multiple ways to enrol in the training depending on your role:
- health professionals with an Ahpra number – access to all modules
- health professionals without an Ahpra number – access to all modules
- administrative/non-clinical – access to non-clinical modules.
Once you have completed the training program, please download and keep a copy of your relevant COVID-19 Vaccination Training Program completion certificates. One certificate is issued for completing the core modules, and another is issued for each of the additional modules.
Your employer may ask for evidence that you have completed the training program at any time, so please keep a copy ready in case it is requested.
We use an e-learning platform to deliver the training. You'll need to create an account before you can access the training.
Access COVID-19 vaccination training
Staying up to date
You need to log into the program regularly as we update the modules with the latest advice from:
our own experts.
You can find a summary of updates on the announcement board on the main page. In the modules, all changes are tagged as 'NEW'.
Use the platform's web chat feature to get help with any technical issues. Help is available from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm AEST, Monday to Friday.