Closed for applications on 24 October 2018.
Common reasons applications were not successful
We received many high-quality applications. This high level of competition meant that otherwise suitable applicants were not successful.
Other common reasons for unsuccessful applications included that they did not:
- explain urgency or need for the infrastructure works
- explain how the infrastructure works would improve access to aged care services in their community
- show the benefits that the infrastructure works would bring to the aged care service and its recipients
- show that the management or workforce had enough experience and expertise to deliver the infrastructure works
Many applicants addressed these criteria in answers to one or more questions. When we assessed applications, we looked at all the information provided.
What the grant was for
The grant was open for applications from:
- existing residential aged care providers located in Modified Monash (MM) 3 to 7
- home care providers located in MM 3 to 7
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme providers located in MM 6 to 7
Providers could use the grant to upgrade old or unsuitable:
- aged care infrastructure
- staff housing
This helped to increase access and improve the quality and safety of aged care services in regional, rural and remote Australia.