The Private Health Insurance Legislation Amendment Rules (No. 4) 2021 (the Amendment Rules) make consequential changes to the Private Health Insurance Rules to reflect changes to Medical Benefit Schedule (MBS) commencing 1 July 2021.
The Amendment Rules were registered on the Federal Register of Legislation on 30 June 2021 and commence on 1 July 2021.
The amendments include re-classification of new and amended MBS items and removal of deleted items where appropriate, in the:
- Private Health Insurance (Complying Product) Rules 2015 (the Complying Product Rules)
- Schedule 5 for the Clinical categories
- Schedule 6 for the Common treatments list
- Schedule 7 for the Support treatments list; and
- Private Health Insurance (Benefit Requirements) Rules 2011 (the Benefit Requirements Rules)
- Schedule 1 for Type A Advanced surgical and Surgical
- Schedule 3 for Type B Band 1 and Non-band specific, and Type C procedures.
Further details on the amendments are included in the Explanatory Statement accompanying the Amendment Rules available on the Federal Register of Legislation or by searching ‘Private Health Insurance Legislation Amendment Rules (No. 4) 2021’or F2021L00906.