A total of 193 medical research projects will share $382 million of MRFF funding. Of these, 19 grants worth more than $32.3 million are related to First Nations health. There are13 grants worth more than $16.9 million for mental health research.
Funding is from the MRFF’s:
- Australian Brain Cancer Mission ($6.0 million, 1 project)
- Cardiovascular Health Mission ($24.0 million, 14 projects)
- Clinical Trials Activity initiative ($76.8 million, 34 projects)
- Clinical Trials Activity and Emerging Priorities and Consumer-Driven Research initiatives ($5.7 million, 4 projects)
- Clinician Researchers initiative ($20.3 million, 15 projects)
- Dementia, Ageing and Aged Care Mission ($23.4 million, 15 projects)
- Emerging Priorities and Consumer-Driven Research initiative ($15 million, 1 project)
- Early to Mid-Career Researchers initiative ($43 million, 23 projects)
- Medical Research Commercialisation initiative ($50 million, 1 project)
- MRFF Coronavirus Research Response ($25 million, 5 projects)
- Preventive and Public Health Research initiative ($60.5 million, 45 projects)
- Preventive and Public Health Research and Emerging Priorities and Consumer-Driven Research initiatives ($12.7 million, 16 projects)
- Primary Health Care Research initiative ($10 million, 6 projects)
- Stem Cell Therapies Mission ($10 million, 13 projects)
Read the media release for information about these projects.
Learn more about the MRFF.