Mark Butler has been the Labor Member for Port Adelaide and Hindmarsh in the Federal Parliament since 2007 and is the Minister for Health and Aged Care.
Mark served as Minister for Ageing and Australia’s first Minister for Mental Health in the Gillard Government. He has also held the ministries of Housing, Homelessness, Social Inclusion, Climate Change, Water and the Environment.
Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts.
- The Australian Government is investing $9.8 million to support the early research careers of outstanding health and medical graduates through the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Postgraduate Scholarship scheme.
- Read the transcript of Minister Butler's speech at the World AIDS Day Parliamentary Breakfast.
- Read the transcript of Minister Butler's speech at the dedication ceremony to unveil the National Site of Recognition for thalidomide survivors and their families.
- On the eve of World AIDS Day, the Australian Government has released the report of the HIV Taskforce
- The Government has today tabled its response to an inquiry considering how to give Australian patients timely access to new drugs and novel medical technologies.
- The Albanese Government and the Australian Parliament, on behalf of the people of Australia has today offered a full, unreserved and overdue apology to all thalidomide survivors, their families, loved ones and carers.
- Read Minister Butler's press conference at Parliament House about the next steps on vaping reforms.
- The Australian Government is investing over $700,000 to develop a new treatment that targets a type of childhood brain cancer with no known cure or treatment options, known as diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG).
- EO&E TRANSCRIPT
TRIPLE J HACK
TUESDAY, 28 NOVEMBER 2023
TOPIC: Next steps on vaping reforms.
- The first stage of Australia's new vaping reforms are set to commence on 1 January, with further protections implemented and strengthened over the course of 2024.