Growth funding for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)
The CHSP runs growth funding rounds to expand entry-level aged care services for senior Australians. Find out what growth funding is, how we advertise the grants, what our priority areas are, and our feedback on how applicants can strengthen their applications.
What do we mean by growth funding?
We use growth funding to respond to the evolving needs of CHSP clients as Australia’s population grows. We allocate it based on priority geographical areas and service types.
Growth funding helps service providers:
- expand entry-level aged care services for senior Australians
- meet demonstrated needs and identified gaps in service delivery
Why is growth funding important?
Growth funding targets specific:
- CHSP service types
- priority Aged Care Planning Regions (ACPRs) across Australia
- services where demand is greater than supply
How we advertise grants
We will list grant opportunities on GrantConnect when they open. If you want GrantConnect to notify you about future CHSP funding opportunities:
- register with them
- enter ‘CHSP’ in the keyword section of your GrantConnect profile
After we have notified successful applicants, we provide generic feedback on how all applicants can strengthen future applications.
2019–20 growth round
For the 2019–20 round, we identified specific Aged Care Planning Regions (ACPRs) and service types based on data analysis and consultation. We selected:
- 30 ACPRs covering all states and territories
- 16 service types
Applications for 2019–20 opened on Friday 6 September and closed at 11pm (AEDT) on Tuesday 8 October 2019.